Phantom Doctrine’s timeline is a mix of real and alternate history set during the Cold War.
"The events you are about to see may have been buried covered up. Those with traceable records have been marked with the specific date they occurred on. Verify at your own risk, but trust no one."
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR PHANTOM DOCTRINE’S CAMPAIGN!
- The Cold War begins.
- Beholder Initiative is founded as an international lobby group.
- November 22nd - President JFK is assassinated in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald is caught and labeled as the assassin, but conspirators think otherwise.
- The events of Phantom Doctrine take place.
- The HMS Conqueror seizes Beholder Initiative cargo on board the CS Marquis.
- March 21st - “Hemlock” infiltrates the ACA’s Facility in Colón, Panama to search for documents leading to “Komodo,” a known associate of Josef Mengele. The search turns up nothing about Komodo herself, but the compound’s leaser, Panamanian General Azcarraga, may have victims willing to talk.
- April 18th - Suicide bombers attack the U.S. Embassy in Beirut.
- June 23rd - K-429 sinks in the Sarannaya Bay.
- September 1st - KAL Flight 007 is shot down by Soviet interceptor aircraft. After the disaster, President Reagan announces the GPS (Global Positioning System) would be available for civilian use soon.
- October 25th - U.S. troops invade the country of Grenada. The Cabal raids Beholder’s base in the region, defeating Valhalla. Almaz Station is sent crashing down onto Earth, effectively ending Project Iceberg.
- October 11th-12th - Ronald Reagan meets Mikhail Gorbachev at the Reykjavik Summit, leading to the end of communism in the Soviet Union.